When is the Abbotsford Airshow?
- The Abbotsford International Airshow is held the 2nd full weekend in August each year.
- The 2020 event dates are August 7, 8 & 9
What time does the Airshow start?
- The Airshow Grounds are open to the public during the following hours:
- Friday: 3:00PM to 10:30PM
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:00AM to 5:30PM
- Last entry to the Airshow is 2 hours before gates close (8:30PM Friday / 3:30PM Saturday & Sunday).
- For more information, please see our Schedule of Events
Where can I buy tickets?
- 2020 tickets are expected to go on sale in late November 2019.
- Discount tickets can be purchased online HERE.
- Beginning July 1, discount General Admission tickets can be purchased at Lower Mainland Save-on-Foods locations (including single-day General Admission tickets, Family Passes, Carload Passes, and Parking Passes.)
- Full priced tickets are available at the Airshow gates.
How much is parking?
- Parking is $10 per vehicle for all General Admission patrons.
- Parking fees offset the significant event traffic and parking management costs.
- For patrons of Chalets, Business Lounges, and Nikon Photo Experience, parking is included in your ticket price. Family Passes and Carload Passes also include parking for one (1) vehicle.
Are Children free?
- There is no General Admission charge for Children aged 5 and under.
- Youth ages 6-17 receive a discounted General Admission rate.
- Upgraded seating venues (including the President’s Club, Nikon Photo Experience, Family Club, Runway Seating, Corporate Chalets, and Business Lounges) require a ticket for anyone aged 3 and up. Children 2 and under do not require a ticket for these venues but must be held on an adult’s lap (no seat provided).
Are active and retired military free?
- There is no General Admission charge for active and retired military members of Canada or her Allies.
- No ticket is required. Please show valid photo military or veterans ID at the gate for entry.
- Additional family members or occupants of the vehicle require a valid ticket for entry.
Which acts are performing each day?
- Most Airshow acts perform during both Saturday and Sunday full day shows. The Friday Twilight Show features a shortened flying events program and not all acts will perform.
- Please see the Schedule of Events or download the FREE Abbotsford Airshow App for more details.
- Please note all airshow acts are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Is there seating available?
- The General Admission area consists of a grass infield. A folding chair or blanket to sit on is recommended.
- Several upgraded venues offer seating including President’s Club, Nikon Photo Experience, Flight Club, Family Club, and Runway Seating.
- For full details on upgrade options, please visit our Tickets page.
Is there shade available?
- Several upgraded venues offer shade under Chalet tents and/or umbrellas including President’s Club, Nikon Photo Experience, Flight Club, and Family Club. For full details on these upgrade options, please visit our Tickets page.
- The General Admission area consists of an open-air grass infield. A hat and sunscreen are highly recommended.
- Low-level sun-shelters for children or small umbrellas are permitted as long as they do not create a visual obstruction for others. Please be courteous to those around you. The Airshow reserves the right to remove large umbrellas/tents.
Can I camp at the Airshow?
- Yes! The Abbotsford Flying Club operates an Airshow Campground at the North end of the airfield and offers camping at a nightly or full-weekend rate.
- For full details on camping, please visit the Campground page.
What methods of payment are available at the Airshow?
- All Main Entrance gates and seating venues accept:
- VISA, MasterCard, and American Express
- Most concessions accept cash, debit and major credit cards (may vary)
- Beer Tents accept cash only.
- Several ATMs are available onsite around the Airshow grounds.
Do you accept US cash?
- Yes, US cash is accepted at par
- $1USD = $1CAD
What amenities & services are available at the Airshow?
- Water bottle fill stations
- Food Trucks & Concessions of all varieties
- Beer Tents – no outside alcohol permitted
- Souvenir and Gift Kiosks
- Cash ATMs
- “People-Mover” shuttles MAP
- Information Services/Lost and Found
- Autograph Booth
- First Aid Attendants
- Kids Zone activity area
Is the Airshow accessible for the disabled?
- Yes. A limited quantity of designated parking is available for those with a valid Disability Parking Permit.
- The general admission area consists of hard packed ground with paved access roads making it accessible for wheelchairs. The ground is uneven in some areas, so caution is advised.
- A disabled seating area is available near Chalet Row including accessible washroom facilities.
- The Abbotsford International Airshow is a member of the ‘Access2’ program offering complimentary general admission for a support person accompanying a person with a disability. For eligibility and details please see: https://access2card.ca/
Are outside food & beverages permitted?
Yes, however due to safety, security and event licencing requirements, the following conditions apply:
- No hard-sided or wheeled coolers are permitted. Soft-sided shoulder bags are ok. All bags are subject to search upon entry.
- No outside alcohol is permitted. Outside alcohol will be confiscated and your ticket will be revoked without refund.
- All outside beverages must be factory-sealed. Non-sealed beverages will be confiscated or poured out at the entrance.
- Empty, refillable water bottles are permitted. Fill stations are located onsite.
- Cooking implements (eg. BBQs, portable stoves) are not permitted in the event grounds (Campground ok)
What should I bring to the Airshow?
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- An (empty) refillable water bottle – free fill stations are available
- Folding chair and/or blanket – or upgrade your ticket to an upgraded venue with seating
- Earplugs – Parents, please ensure appropriate ear protection is provided for children of all ages
What should I NOT bring to the Airshow?
Please note all bags and belongings are subject to search upon entry to the Airshow. The Airshow reserves the right to deny admission to any patron found in possession of restricted items.
- Pets. Due to heat and noise, animals are not permitted on the Airshow grounds, including in vehicles in the parking lot. Abbotsford Police may forcibly enter any vehicle found with an animal inside. The Abbotsford Airshow accepts no responsibility for damage to vehicles to remove animals for safety reasons.
- Alcohol. All bags are subject to search upon entry. Any outside alcohol will be confiscated and your ticket will be revoked without refund.
- Smoking (including Cannabis) is prohibited everywhere on the Airshow grounds due to extreme fire hazard. The only permitted place to smoke is inside of your vehicle (with an ashtray). Anyone caught smoking outside of their vehicle will have their ticket revoked without refund.
- Hard-sided coolers – you will be asked to return these to your vehicle. Soft-sided bags are ok.
- Tents and Patio umbrellas – low-level sun-shelters for children are permitted as long as they do not create a visual obstruction for other patrons. Please be courteous to those around you. The Airshow reserves the right to remove large umbrellas/tents.
- Drones – the use of drones is prohibited by law within 5.5 km of the Abbotsford Airport. Violators are subject to up to $25,000 in fines and/or jail time. For more information on Drone Safety, please see Transport Canada’s website.
- Weapons of any kind – including knives. We hope this goes without saying.
What if it rains?
- Historically, the Abbotsford Airshow has never had to cancel an entire show day due to weather
- In the event of inclement weather, certain flying events could be modified or canceled for safety reasons. Please note that Airshow tickets are not refundable based on acts being modified or cancelled.
- If an entire show day were to be canceled, Airshow staff would make this decision early in the morning before the show starts and publicize the cancellation via our social media platforms.
The FREE Abbotsford Airshow mobile event app – presented by Lockheed Martin – is your A-Z event guide for the 2020 Airshow with information, maps, photos, videos and much more!
Key App Features:
- 2019 Airshow Site Map
- Food truck & concessions listing
- Performers & Static Display Aircraft Listings including photos & videos
- Calendar reminders for your favourite flying acts
- Up to the minute flying events schedule
- FAQs, Spectator Survey, Social Media and much much more!