Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the show dates?
The Abbotsford International Airshow is always the 2nd full weekend in August.
The dates for the next 4 years are as follows:
2013: August 9, 10 & 11
2014: August 8, 9 & 10
2015: August 14, 15 & 16
2016: August 12, 13 & 14
2. Are tickets for single-day admission?
Yes. Each admission pass is valid for one day.
3. Which acts perform on which day?
All advertised performers will be performing each day of the show. The exception is if we are able to confirm a 'Fly-By' and we will indicate the day it is to attend.
4. Can tickets be purchased at the show?
Yes. Tickets may be purchased on show days at the King Road Entrance or ONLINE.
To save time, pre-purchase your tickets and enter through the PREPAID ONLY entrance at Queen Street Entrance.
Tickets are available ONLINE and at SAVE ON FOODS/PRICESMART FOODS until the last day of the Airshow.
5. Is parking included in the admission price?
Yes. Your admission includes parking on the show site.
6. What type of terrain is the General Admission Area?
The main patron area is grassed and a folding chair or blanket to sit on is recommended.
7. Does Runway Seating include a chair?
Yes. With the purchase of Runway Seating, a specific seat is reserved for you all day. General Admission includes no seating and a blanket or lawn chair is advised.
8. What types of payment can you accept?
- At the Main Entrance Gates, Food and Souvenirs Concessions, we accept Cash, Interac/Debit, VISA and MasterCard.
- Runway Seating Entrances accept cash, VISA and MasterCard (no Interac/Debit available)
- Beer Gardens accept CASH ONLY
- Around the show site, there are several ATMs available.
9. What is your cash exchange rate for US Dollars?
$1USD = $1CDN
We also accept VISA, Mastercard and Debit at the entrances and there are several Automatic Bank Machines available around the showsite.
10. What time does the show start?
The Airshow Grounds are open to the public from 8AM through 6PM.
Flying starts at 10AM and ends at approximately 5PM.
For performance details, please see the Schedule of Events posted on the Flying Events Page closer to showtime (posted 2 weeks prior to start of show)
11. What amenities are offered onsite?
- Food Concessions of all varieties
- Novelties and Ice Cream
- Souvenir and Gift Kiosks
- Airshow Program Booths
- Beer Garden
- Beer Kiosks (A fully licensed show site allows you to purchase a beverage and return to your family or group wherever you are seated)
- Cash ATMs
- "People-Movers" shuttles between areas onsite and the parking lots/campground
- Fully plumbed washrooms throughout the show site
- Info Services/ Lost and Found
- Autograph Booth
- St John Ambulance First Aid Attendants
- Security Personnel
12. Will the show still go on if it rains?
Yes! The Airshow is set to go. No refunds or exchanges.
13. What can I bring to the Airshow? What CAN'T I bring to the Airshow?
- Your friends and family!
- A hat
- A camera
- Lawn-chair or blanket
- Ear-plugs (PARENTS: be aware that it may not be suitable to bring infants to the show)
Please Leave at Home:
- Your pet (the loud noises can frighten animals and also create an unsafe situation if the animal panics and runs)
- Hard-sided coolers
- Large Back-packs
- Large pop-up shading tents (umbrellas are okay)