Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the show dates?
The Abbotsford International Airshow is always the 2nd full weekend in August.
The dates for the next 4 years are as follows:
2014: August 8 (Twilight Show), 9 & 10 (Full Day Show)
2015: August 7, 8 & 9
2016: August 12, 13 & 14
2017: August 11, 12 & 13
2. Are tickets for single-day admission?
Yes. Each admission pass is valid for one day.
3. Which acts perform on which day?
Most Performers will be performing each day of the show. The Twilight Show Performances will be different than the Daytime Show Performances, even if done by the same Performers. Check the Schedule of Events Page for more details.
If we are able to confirm a 'Fly-By,' we will indicate the day it is to attend.
4. Is there advance purchase discounts on Tickets?
Yes. Tickets purchased BEFORE AUGUST 1st will be $5 to $20 LESS than the At-Gate Price. Buy ONLINE or at SaveOnFoods
5. Can tickets be purchased at the show?
Yes. Tickets may be purchased on show days at the King Road Entrance or ONLINE.
**To save time, and UP TO $20/Ticket pre-purchase your tickets and enter through the PREPAID ONLY entrance at Queen Street Entrance.
Tickets are available ONLINE and at SAVE ON FOODS/PRICESMART FOODS until the last day of the Airshow.
6. Is parking included in the admission price?
Yes. Your admission includes parking on the show site.
7. What type of terrain is the General Admission Area?
The main patron area is grass. A folding chair or blanket to sit on is recommended.
8. Do Runway Seating and Flight Club include a chair?
Yes. With the purchase of Runway Seating, a specific seat is reserved for you all day. General Admission includes no seating and a blanket or lawn chair is advised.
9. What types of payment can you accept?
- At the Main Entrance Gates, Food and Souvenirs Concessions, we accept Cash, Interac/Debit, VISA and MasterCard.
- Runway Seating Entrances accept cash, VISA and MasterCard (no Interac/Debit available)
- Beer Gardens accept CASH ONLY
- Around the show site, there are several ATMs available.
10. What is your cash exchange rate for US Dollars?
$1USD = $1CDN
We also accept VISA, Mastercard and Debit at the entrances and there are several Automatic Bank Machines available around the showsite.
11. What time does the show start?
The Airshow Grounds are open to the public from 4:30PM to 10:30PM (Friday) and 9AM to 6PM (Sat/Sun)
Flying Events are approximately 6PM to 10PM (Friday) and 11AM to 4:30PM (Sat/Sun)
For in-depth performance details, please see the Schedule of Events posted closer to showtime
11. What amenities are offered onsite?
- Food Concessions of all varieties (NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES)
- Beer Gardens and Front-Line 19+ Flight Club (NO OUTSIDE LIQUOR PERMITTED)
- Novelties and Ice Cream
- Souvenir and Gift Kiosks
- Airshow Program Booths (each Souvenir Program has a Prize Draw Ballot included)
- Cash ATMs
- "People-Movers" shuttles between areas onsite and the parking lots/campground
- Fully plumbed washrooms throughout the show site
- Info Services/ Lost and Found
- Autograph Booth
- St John Ambulance First Aid Attendants
- Patron Safety Personnel
12. Will the show still go on if it rains?
Yes! The Airshow is set to go. No refunds or exchanges.
Designated parking is available for those with a valid Disability Parking Permit. The general admission area consists mainly of hard packed ground making it accessible for wheelchairs. The ground may however be uneven in some areas, so caution is advised. Accessible washrooms are available on field near Chalet Row.
14. What can I bring to the Airshow? What CAN'T I bring to the Airshow?
- Your friends and family!
- A hat
- A camera
- Lawn-chair or blanket
- Ear-plugs (PARENTS: be aware that it may not be suitable to bring infants to the show)
Please Leave at Home:
- Hard-sided coolers (NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGES PERMITTED)
- Large Back-packs (ALL BACKPACKS/BAGS SUBJECT TO SEARCH)
- Large pop-up shading tents (no staked tents, umbrellas are okay)
- Your pet (the loud noises can frighten animals and also create an unsafe situation if the animal panics and runs)
- Cigarettes (Smoking is STRONGLY DISCOURAGED onsite, and COMPLETELY PROHIBITED anywhere near aircraft)